Monday, June 25, 2012

Boost your skin with this beauty secret!

Like many other people, I also do struggle with very dry skin on my body. I learned a few tricks or two over the years to fight this. What's better than share one of my beauty secrets with our readers?

The secret is - BODY OIL. For several years I have been using body oil to keep my skin hydrated and soft. I usually use Johnson & Johnson baby oil, because it is cheap and simple, and it moisturizes pretty good. But the last couple of years, I have found Bio-Oil. It claims to work against scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, ageing and dehydrated skin - or at least improve the skin. This one is much thinner than baby oil since it contains "PurCellin oil", so it should absorb better into your skin. It is preservative free and has natural oils like lavender, chamomile, rosemary and calendula, and vitamin A and E.

I bought this oil after reading fairly good reviews about it online. (Generally, I recommend everyone to read reviews about a product online, if you are not sure whether to buy it or not.) To be honest, I have not seen much difference in acne scars or stretch marks (maybe because I am not good at using it every day), but it does moist your skin pretty good. I recommend to use the Bio-Oil right after you shower, since that gives you the best effect by locking in moisture. Even though it says you can use it on face and body, I only use it on my body. You are supposed to apply it twice daily for at least 3 months. If you are pregnant, you should apply it more often and for a longer time to avoid stretch marks.

Either way, it works as an extra boost to hydrate your skin in combination with your regular body butter/ moisturizer, if a regular moisturizer is not enough for your skin. (We recommended our favorite body butter and body lotion earlier here, which can be combined with this body oil.)  Bio-Oil is fairly priced, and you can either buy it online, or get it at drug stores such as Long's. The Bio-Oil also comes in different sizes depending on your need. If anyone tried this product, please leave a comment under the post. Thanks!

xoxo
Pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment