Monday, June 18, 2012

Our favorite body butter and body lotion that makes a difference!

Pineapple:

Do you have super dry skin? Does it even itch sometimes because it is soooo dry? Well, I admit it...I do. I even get eczema on my elbows, especially in the winter since cold weather makes your skin even drier. I tried pharmacy brands such as Apobase and other heavy creams, that are supposed to help against this. But it did not help me. One day my friend showed me Shea Body Butter from The Body Shop. I have tried other types of body butter from this brand, but nothing have worked in the same way such as the Shea Body Butter. In days I saw improvement against my dryness and eczema. It really made a difference! It feels heavy to begin with when you take some in your palms, but it does not feel greasy. It really hydrates your skin, and leaves no residue. After using this product, my skin is much softer, even and moist than before. It is perfect to use after shaving. Just let it soak in for a bit, before you put your clothes on. And the smell....Mmmmh, I love it!


The only downside is that it cost 170 NOK in Norway, which is about US $28. You can buy it online at The Body Shop's homepage here for only $19 for the regular size (6.9 oz). This one is also available in jumbo size (13,5 oz). There is also a store at Ala Moana Mall where you can get it. When I go back to the US, I am sooo getting a couple of the butters. 





Mango:


I am also a huge fan of Body Shop. Actually my love of the mango scented Body Shop products was partly how I earned my nickname. I use the shower gel, the body scrub and the new multi-purpose beautifying oil (I use it for the hair). I have tried the Body Butter, and while I love the feel and texture of it, my skin does not. My skin is pretty smooth with occasional dryness, but for some unknown reason, it has always had a very hard time absorbing lotions. Most sunscreens and moisturizers will leave me shiny for hours and hours, and if I apply lotion or moisturizers before going to bed, I still feel it on my skin in the morning. For people with this problem, I do not recommend the Body Butter, as it is very thick. Instead I recommend using the Mango Whip Body Lotion. It has the same effect, but it is a bit lighter and therefore absorbs better and faster. If you get the Body Butter for this skin type like mine, you will just end up washing off a lot of it next time you shower. If I have a really dry spot I use the Body Butter, but otherwise I stick to the Body Lotion, which really works wonders on my skin. And don't you just feel better when you smell like the tropics? I know I do!



xoxo
Mango & Pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment